What are the causes of shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain can be caused by:
- injury – from sports, exercise
- trauma, falls
- Diabetes – studies have shown that diabetics are prone to shoulder pain
So what can you for your shoulder pain?
Here are 3 things you should start doing now:
- stretch – a good time to stretch the shoulders are in between long, static positions (interrupting yourself from the computer), and right before you sleep. This helps keep your shoulders flexible and stretch out, and not get tight because you will be going to rest/ sleep.
- do not reach back, especially when driving in the car.
- start sleeping on your back, and try to avoid sleeping on your affected shoulder.
What makes shoulder pain worse?
- The number one danger that makes shoulder pain worse is inactivity.
What best treatment options should you do?
There are many treatment options for shoulder pain relief. Physical therapy can definitely help you and your shoulder pain. Modalities used in therapy such as heat, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound can help, but may be temporary.
A Physical therapist can help by performing joint mobilization, myofascial release, and teaching you how to properly and safely stretch and strengthen the shoulder.
There are also revolutionary treatments that will be the best treatment option for your shoulder pain such as cold laser and dry needling.