Massage therapy isn’t used to only indulge and pamper you. On the contrary, massage therapy is a powerful tool to help you take charge of your wellbeing and health. Whether you suffer from a specific health condition or are just looking for a good, natural stress relief, massage therapy can benefit you.
What is massage therapy?
Massage is a general term for rubbing, pressing and manipulating your ligaments, tendons, muscles and skin. This act of manipulation assists with circulating blood to harmed areas, and releasing toxins from your body. Techniques of massage therapy range from deep pressure to light stroking depending on the type of massage your body requires.
What kinds of conditions does it treat?
Many studies have been conducted on what kinds of conditions massage therapy can assist with during the healing process. It isn’t only used for stress or relaxation, but a wide variety of natural healing for other conditions. Massage therapy can assist and help to speed up the healing process in the following areas:
- Improve range of motion and help to alleviate low-back pain.
- For expectant mothers, it can help to assist with easier, shorter labor.
- Ease the dependence on medications by releasing endorphins that act as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Insomnia due to stress is commonly helped with the use of massage therapy, making it possible to sleep at night again.
- Help to relieve the pain caused by fibromyalgia.
- Massage therapy provides a release from anxiety and depression.
- The body’s natural defense system is stimulated enhancing immunity.
- Relieve pain caused by consistent migraines.
- Overused, tired, injured, weak or tight muscles can be relaxed, stretched and exercised by promoting oxygen and blood circulation to those areas for a faster healing process.
- When being an athlete, you must prepare and recover from harsh workouts. Massage therapy stretches the muscles to help to prevent injury or release already existing injuries caused by sports.
- Reduce post-surgery swelling and adhesions, as well as promote tissue regeneration of existing scar tissue and stretch marks.
What kinds of overall benefits have people seen from massage therapy?
As more people and healthcare providers have started to embrace massage therapy as a form of healing, the results and overall benefits have been outstanding. Patients see overall benefits in a wide range of conditions. Ranging from neurological disorders, injuries, tensions of living a modern lifestyle, as well as chronic diseases. Patients have said to have:
- Have an increase in circulation, which helps to relieve pain and promote healing.
- Improved concentration, and increased energy.
- Decreased anxiety, which leads to better sleep quality.
- Reduced fatigue overall.
- Less stiffness and aches in patients dealing with arthritis.
- Reduced pain, stiffness, and aches in patients who suffer from muscle and joint disorders, or injuries.
For your health and overall wellbeing massage therapy is a great option for those looking for a natural release from everyday pain, anxiety and so much more.
Don’t wait to get on the track to an overall increase in your health. Call us today to speak to one of our professionals on massage therapy.